More than 1,000 Canadian Army personnel will participate in Exercise COMMON GROUND II at the Combat Training Centre in Gagetown. The exercise will run from November 12 to 26.
“Exercise COMMON GROUND II successfully fulfills individual course assessment requirements for nine different career courses,” according to the Army news release. “Combining these final course activities exposes officers and non-commissioned members to combat team operations prior to returning to their home units.”
The units contributing to Exercise COMMON GROUND II include, but are not limited to: the schools and units of the Combat Training Centre; 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group from Valcartier, QC; the Royal Canadian Dragoons based in Gagetown, NB; and the 5th Canadian Division Support Group Gagetown, NB.
The schools and courses participating in Exercise COMMON GROUND II are:
- Royal Canadian Armoured Corps School
- Squadron Sergeants Major Course
- Armoured Troop Leader Course
- Sniper Detachment Commander Course
- Advanced Sniper Course
- Infantry Officer Development Period Course
- Advanced Reconnaissance Patrolman Course
- Combat Team Commander’s Course
- Dismounted Infantry Company Commander Course
- Armoured Reserve Squadron Commander Course