DND Press Release
Late Monday afternoon 442 Transport and Rescue Squadron was involved in a mission to medevac a crew member of a commercial fishing vessel to hospital for immediate care, the Canadian Forces said in a news release Tuesday.
More details from the news release:
* The vessel was 60 nautical miles (110 km) northwest of Cape Scott at the time of the call for assistance.
* A CH-149 Cormorant helicopter and a CC-115 Buffalo were tasked to respond.
* The Buffalo arrived on scene first and after making contact with the crew by radio provided them instructions to prepare for the arrival of the Cormorant with SAR Techs on board.
* The Cormorant arrived on scene shortly after the Buffalo and two SAR Techs were lowered onto the deck of the vessel to prepare the patient to be hoisted onto the Cormorant.
* The patient was transported by Cormorant to Port Hardy then transferred to the Buffalo and subsequently flown to Victoria where the BC Ambulance Service transferred the patient to hospital